|Jewelry is a personal ornament, such as a ring, bracelet, necklace or any other item made from jewels, precious metals or any other material. Jewelry has fascinated, thrilled and impressed the world for thousands of years and played an important role in growth of human civilization. Jewelry is in use long before clothing developed into fashion and jewelry items are a cherished symbol of prestige and beauty.
|Buying a perfect jewelry for yourself or for your loved ones is not an easy task and it requires knowledge on many aspects. You can get detailed information on each and every aspect of jewelry in our education section. Once you go through this education section, you will be able to get the best quality jewelry for your money.
|These below mentioned jewelry buying tips will certainly help you in finding the most suitable jewelry, you are looking for.
- You must set your budget for buying jewelry and then explore all your options. By this way, you’ll find a wide range of jewelry in your price range.
- Whenever you buy jewelry for your loved ones, always keep their personality and preferences in mind.
- Always buy jewelry from a reputed and a known jeweler. If you are not familiar with any good jeweler then you should ask your family members or friends for their recommendations.
- Beware of jewelry store lighting which usually consists of quartz or halogen bulbs. These can deceive as they blast high-intensity streams of light into jewelry to make them look like the crown jewelry.
- When buying jewelry, you should ensure about the jeweler’s policy on refunds, exchanges, repair or replacement.
- When you decide to buy diamond or gemstone jewelry then you should always evaluate stones on 4Cs criteria.
- When you buy diamond or gemstone jewelry, you should always ask for the stone certificate as well as receipt of payment. Stone certificate may cost you little more money but it will provide you a much-needed peace of mind knowing that you are getting your money’s worth. All information from the jeweler that influenced your decision to buy should be written directly on your sales receipt.
- You should ensure that stones of your jewelry are properly polished and with perfect symmetry.
- When you decide to buy gemstone jewelry then you should buy an average sized gemstone with good cut, color and clarity instead of buying a larger gemstone with not so good cut, color and clarity.
- When you buy diamond jewelry you should give more importance to its cut whereas when you buy colored stone jewelry you should give more importance to its color.
- When you buy gemstones, you should check them under different light conditions. If gemstones contain color change characteristics then these should display a strong change in color between alternative exposure to daylight and incandescent light sources.
- When you buy gemstone jewelry, you must ensure that whether gemstone is natural or treated and if it is treated or enhanced then what method of treatment is used. Treated or enhanced gemstones are generally available in less price as compared to natural or non-treated gemstones.
- You must also ensure about the appropriate markings on precious metal jewelry.
- When buying gold jewelry, it is advisable to go for either 14 karat or 18 karat gold jewelry. You should never buy 24 karat gold jewelry because it is too soft, less durable and more expensive. You should also avoid buying less than 10 karat gold jewelry, as it appears dull.
- When you buy a jewelry piece, you must ensure that there are no visible blemishes or imperfections on the metal. You should also check to make certain that fasteners, clasps and catches work properly and are secure.
- When buying jewelry, you should look for craftsmanship and design. Your decision should be based on its symmetry, overall appearance and finishing.
- You should not get confused between two terms, carat and karat. Carat is used for stone weight whereas karat is used to describe gold’s fineness or purity.
- While buying jewelry, you should not be in hurry or in pressure. You should buy it at your convenience and at your own pace.
|These jewelry buying tips will certainly help you to buy jewelry with more confidence.